We suggest to update a theme/plugin manually instead of using the auto update. Here are some recommended way to do the update.
1.) Via FTP or cPanel File Manager
- Disable the plugin or theme that need to be updated
- Login to your FTP or cPanel, and rename the plugin or theme
- Upload the new version of the plugin or theme
- Remove the old version
- Head over to the WP backend and activate the plugin or theme again
- Finally, delete the renamed plugin or theme of the old version
2.) Using "Easy Theme and Plugin Upgrades" Plugin
Install and activate this plugin:
After that use that plugin to update the plugin/theme that you download from GPL WP.
* If you still have any questions regarding this topic, please post a comment below instead of submitting a new ticket.